Wednesday, November 21, 2007

why did i ever think it would be any different

I mean really, whatever made me think that England would pull it out of the bag tonight. I mean they even got our hopes up in the second half, coming back from 2-0 down, to equalise at 2-2, putting us within touching distance of making it to the European Championships. But no. They had to blow it.

I shouldn't be surprised really. After all, what gives us the right to think that we have the right to get to these major championships. We're England. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. We're just one country, whose professional football infrastructure has sold out to major corporations, looking to make a quick buck from our beautiful game.

I could go on, but I'm guessing the smattering of people who read this blog don't read it for intricate football comment. I'm off to watch Chesterfield away at MK Dons on Saturday, with our Australian and Hungarian centre backs.

No comments: