Monday, November 29, 2004

christmas is coming

On the whole life is pretty good in Sheffield at the moment, apart from the fact that I'm just too busy. I'm starting to feel a bit stressed, which is hardly surprising with Christmas preparations, essays to write, meeting my potential new vicar/line manager.

This afternoon, while letting myself worry about things over which I have no control, I was reminded that God is in control. I got a phone call from a Mum of one of my young people. This young person had been the victim of a bit of an incident at church a good few weeks ago. The family had not been to church since, and I was getting a bit concerned.

I had decided I to pop round and see the family this evening. But then I got this phone call. The Mum was just ringing up to apologise for their absence over the last few weeks - life, general hecticness etc. Not only was she, and her children doing fine, they were also offering to help me out with some stuff I've got to do this weekend at our Christmas community outreach event (which is cunningly called Christmas is Coming). Two birds with one stone, and none of it was my doing.

No comments: