Thursday, January 13, 2005

book of uncommon prayer

When I was searching the internet looking for youth work resources to help 'celebrate' Halloween, I found an order of service especially for All Hallows Eve, from a book called The Book of Uncommon Prayer. I stuck this book on my wishlist for Christmas, and fortunatly I received it.

A couple of weeks ago we were starting to plan a service where we would be looking at the effects of the Indian Ocean tsunami. In the book, was the outline for A Service for a National Tragedy .

We're doing the service this coming Sunday evening, so I may well post about how it went. But if you're reading this, and you have an interest in prayer, youth work, or both, then can i strongly suggest you check out this book. It looks to be a really useful resource.

No comments: