Thursday, June 30, 2005

creating church in the emerging culture

Off to a day confernce on Saturday down in Birmingham. The conference is being hosted by Re:source which is an inter-demoninational resourcing, church planting, networking organisation.

As the title of this post suggests, the conference is about church in the emerging culture, and mission and all that kinda thing. Amongst those contributing to the day is Jonny Baker, who works for CMS. He also taught me on my under-graduate degree course with the Centre For Youth Ministry.

I'm kinda interested in all this mission, church, emerging culture kinda thing. It ties in with my current degree, and is also really useful as I think about where the youth work here at Holy Trinity is going. One of the things I'm doing as part of my job, is seeking to develop relationships with young who are hanging out in our local park, skateboarding, playing basketball etc etc. At the moment I really don't know where it's gonna end up, but I believe it will be good to hear some stories from other people looking to develop new models of 'church'.

No comments: