Friday, July 07, 2006

dissertation..........

Well so far its gone ok. I've done a chunk of work and emailed it off to my tutor in advance of our meeting next week. We'll see how it goes.....

I'm writing about youth work and youth ministry, the actual terms themselves, what they mean, whether there is a difference between the two, whether its ok to use them interchangeably of not, etc. etc.

I'm currently not sure what I think, which is kind of the reason for me doing this piece of work. I've always thought of myself as a youth worker, but every so often other people refer to me as a youth minister.

The section of my dissertation I've done so far has just been about trying to establish what youth work is, in all contexts not just a Christian context. I'm not wholly satisfied with what I've written, I think there are some more things I ought to have covered, but perhaps they'll fit in later on the dissertation. Suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm helping to clear out the church cellar......

No comments: