Wednesday, July 19, 2006

i know, i know, it's been ages since i last blogged.........again

Sorry. Life has just been too busy.

Dissertation is going ok so far. Had a good tutorial down in Birmingham last week. Just need to get a bit more done before I GO TO TAIZE NEXT SATURDAY!!!! (yes, I am quite excited)

On Saturday I did another days training for Engage. Engage is run by the Centre for Youth Ministry, and if you want a good year long course for a year out person, or a volunteer youth leader, you could do a lot worse than looking at Engage.

Yesterday morning I went into town (ok, so Sheffield is a city, but you know what I mean), and ended up parking on the very top floor of the multi-storey car-park, from where I took this photo on my fone:



It seems hard to believe that we're still in England at the moment - this weather is really bizarre. I do like it, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't feel like England.

Anyway, I went into SPCK (cartoon from Dave Walker's wonderful site), and while I was perusing the second hand books section I cam across a book that I found really helpful while doing my first degree - Let's Do Theology - by Laurie Green. It's a really easy introduction to the pastoral cycle (Experience, Exploration, Reflection, Response).

Reading this book got me into exploring more about Liberation Theology, and thinking about the way in which practical theology - actually doing theology in a community, reflecting on our current experiences, reflecting theologically, and then responding appropriately - really can make a difference.

Unfortunately the book is out of print now (I think), but if you should happen to see a copy languishing somewhere, have a look at it.

1 comment:

Sarah Brush said...

so not the view of someone about to jump OFF said car park?

Hey you!

I'm dead jealous of your impending Taize trip. Only Nicola's going from Oxford this year as all our group have grown up and become all independent - some are there right now!

Have a good time!