Friday, July 29, 2005

taize

Well tomorrow morning I leave the country for the first time in a few years. (Wales doesn't count as a different country). I'm going to Taize, an ecumenical monastic community in France. There'll be somewhere in the region of 3-5000 young adults from all over the world there at the same time. Which is a bit mind boggling.

I'm going with a group from the Diocese of Wakefield. I've never been before, and I don't know anyone else who I'm going with. I'm currently feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness and anticipation. It should be really good, and it will be a much needed break from Sheffield, and the UK as a whole.

I doubt I'll be spending much time on the internet while I'm there, so I won't be blogging for a little while. I also won't be wasting my time surfing the net, playing with my new mobile and watching crap tv.

See you in the middle of August.....

No comments: