Sunday, July 10, 2005

sunday

Well. What a week its been. I was doing the talk at church this morning, and it wasn't easy. Reflecting on this week's events there have just been so many different emotions, feelings, questions, doubts.

In the end the sermon slot was just a time where people could share their thoughts etc with one another. It seemed to go ok, the right thing to do in the end.

We finished the time of sharing with a prayer, taken from The Book of Uncommon Prayer by Steve Case. I've blogged about this book before, in fact I used some of this stuff in the aftermath of the Asian tsunami. The prayers I used then, and this morning are available online. They're worth checking out, though I would recommend you buy the book, it's got a lot of useful/helpful stuff in it.

This afternoon I'm off to a wedding. Andrew is the youth worker/minister at St. Chad's, Woodseats here in Sheffield, and I used to work with Michelle in Birmingham. Should be good.

No comments: