Thursday, September 08, 2005

so many thoughts, so little time

First things first, can I apologise for not having posted since last week. There's been so much going on, so many thoughts (and a few worries) going around in my head.

I thought I ought to get some of these thoughts on to my blog. But before I do that, I'll share whats been going on....

On Monday evening, our new vicar was installed and collated (think thats right, feel free to correct me if I've got my terminology wrong). I'll be honest with you, I've been getting increasingly nervous abut Peter's arrival. I'd met him a couple of times before and he seemed like a lovely, down-to-earth, normal guy (which is good, and unlike some vicars I've met in the past). But the thing that was causing these worries, really, was change, uncertainty, the not-knowing.

On Tuesday evening I went to St. Chad's, Woodseats to see Andrew Foulkes be licensed by Bishop Cyril of Doncaster, to be youth minister at the church. It was a really relaxed service, that had a friendly, informal yet sincere feel to it.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I had my first proper meeting with the new vicar, and unsurprisingly it went well. Once again I had spent far more time than was ever necessary worrying about something over which I had no control.

1 comment:

Sarah Brush said...

The vicar would have been inducted, presented and installed.

You see a history degree can be useful!