Sunday, December 04, 2005

the last couple of days...

...have been rather manic.

On Thursday night I was helping out at Scouts again. We were cooking. It was a bit messy. We finally finished clearing up at about half ten.

Friday morning saw me back in our local secondary school doing another RE lesson. It went really well. I'm going in again in a couple of weeks to do another, which is pretty cool.

On Friday evening I spent all evening constructing Santa's grotto, getting ready for our Christmas Fair on Saturday. As if that wasn't enough, I then made my way down to the Scout Hut, ready to set off on a night hike. It was good fun, but kinda wet. It rained most of the time we were out, but thanks to my new waterproof trousers I didn't get too wet.

I spent all day Saturday manning Santa's grotto at our Christmas fair - NOT being Santa as various people had suggested. It went ok, but I was pretty tired by the end of the fair. (I did treat myself by getting my nails done, alas there is photographic evidence).

Yesterday night I finally got to relax. I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the Lyceum in Sheffield. I was really well behaved and managed to restrain myself from singing along. The show was fantastic. It was just slightly better than the version I saw when I was about seven, and my brother was performing in it at school.

Thankfully it was family service at church this morning, which meant I wasn't responsible for doing anything. I have to admit that I was struggling to remain focussed during the service (ok ok I'm not very focussed much of the time, but it was worse than usual), and I was very glad when we were invited to sit down.

Anyway, I've got a fun drive down to Birmingham for university to look forward to tomorrow morning....

1 comment:

Sarah Brush said...

Joseph's coat was elegant the cut was fine...

Dunno how you resisted singing - It's got me singing just READING aout it!!!

Hope you had a good time :oD