Friday, February 03, 2006

looking forward...

This morning I was perusing the website for the Winter Olympics in Turin which kick off next weekend. I really like watching the Olympics. Admittedly Britain never do very well at the Winter Olympics, and it's good to see we're continuing the trend of aiming high this year. Even if we don't get any medals I'll still enjoy watching it.

It is one of my ambitions in life to learn to ski. By that I don't just mean the introductory lesson you do each time you take the youth group to the dry ski slope. I mean properly. On snow.

Also looking ahead, I've just booked plane tickets to go and see my brother who lives in Marburg, Germany. He moved out there last August/September time, and I've not been out to see him yet. (I know, I know, but life has just been too busy). Anyway, I've managed to squeeze in a couple of days in March when I can escape from work without really being missed (that can't have been hard I hear you say). But it should be cool. And I get to go on a plane. Which is something I haven't done in a good few years.

No comments: