Monday, September 25, 2006

i really ought to go to bed but....

......I thought I'd post just before I did.

It's been a really long weekend, but a really good one. On Friday morning I (kind of) finished writing my dissertation - I've still got things like a bibliography and an abstract to do, but the main writing bit is done. On Friday afternoon I helped with some setting up for a youth conference/event type thing (more on this later), and then on Friday evening it was Youth Club, where we had a 'top-score' of 50 young people. I know, I know, I really shouldn't get hung up on numbers, but the fact of the matter is that we had 50 kids, inside all night, and there was no real trouble - that's the amazing bit.

On Saturday I was working at a youth conference. It went really well. The only downside was that it was a really long day.

On Sunday, which is yesterday now, I did three groups, though one of which was just some of the older young people hanging out eating cake, so that was almost relaxing.

All in all, I'm now knackered. But throughout the weekend, and throughout my knackered-ness, I've been reminded time and again how God does stuff in the midst of my weakness, our weakness. Despite the fact that I've been dead on my feet since getting up on Saturday morning, God has got me through the weekend.

I know that some of this stuff might seem pretty basic - it's possibly not what a lot of people would consider to be cutting edge theology - but maybe it is. Maybe we just need to get back to some of the simple things in life. Like the fact that God, who we can spend an awfully long time deciding how to worship, is there with us no matter what.

1 comment:

Sarah Brush said...

A bit of radical simplicity: That's what I like to see!


Likewise for me I'm in the quiet after the storm of a very busy week of loads of stuff and yet still whole, Thank God.