Friday, October 07, 2005

can't think of a title

It feels like I've been a bit slack on the whole blogging thing over the last couple of weeks. There's a reason for this.

I've been busy.

I've started back at university now, which means I'm down in Birmingham every Monday and Tuesdy. I do love going to uni, it acts as a bit of a break from being in Sheffield, I also enjoy studying. This term my two modules are "Religion in Contemporary Global Politics" and "Post-Colonial Criticism and Biblical Interpretation". Catchy titles I know. Not only do I have to spend time in lectures and driving down to Birmingham, I'm also acutely aware of the amount of reading I need to do. I really don't wanna leave all my work to the Christmas holidays this year. Cos it would be nice to be able to relax.

I've also just started 'field-work tutoring' for CYM, who run the degree course that I finished a little over a year ago now - Youth and Community Work and Applied Theology (another catchy title I know). I'm kinda flattered/honoured to be asked to do it. I'm also looking forward to doing it as well. I know there'll be times when I'm pulling my hair out, but I think it will help t re-enforce stuff that I learnt when I did the course.

Work has also been busy. Thinks are starting to move/change/develop now that the new vicar is here. And thats good. We're looking to develop a drop-in youth-club. Now I know this is harldy a revolutionary idea, but it could be really good for the local community, for the church and just good in general. I'm kind of excited (in my not-overly-enthusiastic way).

The other thing that took up some time the other weekend was a youth/leaders conference. It went really well, with about a hundred people there during the day, and over three hundred young people/young adults/youth leaders there at the evening event. Nail The Truth is something I've not blogged about a great deal before. NTT is a growing/ developing movement of youth workers/ministers across Sheffield, representing different churches from different traditions, working together to resource and support local church ministry. In the past I've had questions about the name, especially with the concept of 'truth', but one thing that really motivates/excites/challenges me is the potential for some really great stuff to happen when people come together, working together, serving one another, and putting our own agendas aside.

No comments: