Wednesday, October 12, 2005

getting pregnant

I was speaking to my friend the other day (and she insisted on remaining anonymous), about getting pregnant. She was telling me of some reasons why she thought getting pregnant was a good idea:

1. It would get her out of her crappy job that she doesn't really enjoy.
2. She could eat whatever she wanted.
3. She could get fat and nobody could tell her off.

I quote this, simply because it made me laugh. I have permission to quote this, so long as it is anonymous. I am not being an insensitive male. Am I?

3 comments:

Sarah Brush said...

Perhaps...

Phil said...

ok. so i might be being insensitive. but in my defence, she did volunteer the information very freely, and she did say i could blog about it.

am i at least allowed to find it funny?

Sarah Brush said...

I think the finding funny thing is the worst bit really, sweetie. Surely it demonstrated a certain level of distress on her part? She dislikes her job so much and is unhappy about that. I'd suggest it also hints at body issues. So you're laughing at someone in distress. It's like laughing at a poor puppy getting hurt on Christmas day. Oh no hang on... why does that not surprise me after all ??? !! ;oP