Tuesday, October 04, 2005

various things which have come to my attention......

This looks interesting. Heard about it here. The Church of England looking to appoint vicars with a brief wider than just parish boundaries. I reckon it'll be a good thing. It's something that I (and I imagine lots of other people) have been thinking is important for a long time. I know that in my youth work it has been essential to network with other people outside the parish, as well as be willing to cross parish boundaries as well. I know that what the Church of England is proposing to do is a bit more than just crossing boundaries, rather it seems to be admitting that boundaries can be restrictive. But it all kinda seems a bit like common sense to me. Doesn't it?

Also, Chesterfield performed magnificently again at the weekend, with a fantastic victory away at Colchester. We're now 6th. I don't want to tempt fate or anything - but that's a play-off place....

No comments: