Monday, May 15, 2006

brick

Well having not been to the cinema in ages, I've now been twice in a week. Tonight I went to see Brick.

I've got to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I followed everything that happened in the film, and I'm not quite sure I could really tell you what happened, or what the 'point' of the film was. But I quite enjoyed it. It was nicely shot, quirky at times you could say. But good.

One thing it certainly did demonstrate was the 'screwed-up-ness' of the world....the bad choices young people make.....as I write this I can here the repeated thud of wheelie bins being knocked over one at a time as some kids go up the road.

Here's what The Guardian has to say about the film, in a far more eloquent way than I ever could. Well. Certainly not at this time of night.

No comments: