Tuesday, May 30, 2006

scout camp

Apologies for not blogging in a few days. This weekend I went on Scout Camp. I went last year, but this year was more fun. This was mainly due to the fact that the lads were better behaved.

I help at our local Scouts most weeks. Its generally good fun, though often a bit manic.

Camp was good fun. I learned that I'm quite good at shooting. I've done very little shooting in my life, with proper guns (air rifles) that is - I don't think that the guns at lazer quest count. But I actually quite enjoyed it. Twas just about being calm, and being patient - not attributes I display all the time, especially not when driving. I'd quite like to do it some more.

The weather was good, except for the rain on the last day, when we still had the biggest tent to take down. grrrr.

No comments: